Daily Entry for Residents:
- Residents of Hill can enter and exit the building 24/7 during the regular school year (excludes winter and summer break)
- Residents will be required to type their 4-digit PAC numbers on a keypad at the gate and then scan their Penn Card in order to enter.
- During peak dining hall hours (11 am-1 pm, 5 pm-7 pm), residents will be required only to scan their Penn Card and will not be required to enter their PAC number; at these times, an extra member of the security team is present to monitor building entrance.
Daily Entry for Non-Residents with Penn Cards:
- Non-Hill residents with Penn Cards (residents of other College House, Penn faculty and staff, off-campus residents) can enter the building between 6 am and 2 am. Penn Cards of non-residents will not allow entry between 2 am and 6 am.
- During regular hours, any Penn Cardholder will be required to enter their 4-digit PAC and scan their Penn Card to enter Hill; from 11 am-1 pm and 5 pm-7 pm during peak dining hall hours, they will only need to scan their Penn Card to enter.
Entry for non-Penn-Affiliated Guests:
- Only Hill Residents can sign guests into Hill.
- Guests must present a physical photo ID (no pictures or copies of IDs) at the Information Center (located on the right-hand side as soon as you walk into the building). The resident accompanying the guest must present their Penn Card and sign the guest in with the staff member at the Information Desk. This registration procedure must be followed each time a guest enters the building.
- After registering their guests at the Information Center, the resident will enter the building as usual with their PAC and scanning of their Penn Card; the guest will be permitted to enter through the side door.
- Residents must accompany their guests at all times. Guests should also carry their photo IDs at all times as the security team reserves the right to request to verify their ID at any time they are in the building.
- Residents can only check-in four guests at a time. For more than four guests, a staff member or RAGA on duty will need to be notified and approve the guests before they are granted entry.
- For guests who will need repeated access over a period of 1-3 days (for example, overnight guests), there are special guest pass systems that exist so that the resident will not have to check the guest in every time they enter. Special guest passes are distributed at the Information Center. Residents will still need to accompany their guests at all times and the guest should always have a valid photo ID on hand.
Entry for Events, Large Groups, and Room Reservations:
- In order to gain access to rooms in Hill, the room must be reserved ahead of time.
- Go to the Information Center. If you have reserved the room, your name should be on the access list. You will be required to present your Penn Card so that the staff at the information desk can load access to the room onto the card.
- Only the event coordinator (the person who reserved the space) can get access to the room with their Penn Card. Other members of the group will need to be let into space by the event coordinator.
- If a resident misplaces their Penn Card, they will need to go to the Information Desk to receive a Temporary Card to get access to the building, their room, and other spaces at Hill.
- At the Information Desk, the resident will need to give their name to the staff member on duty and enter their 4-digit PAC number; their identity will be verified based on their picture in the online Penn Card system before a temporary card is granted.
- The temporary card will only provide access for 24-hours; after retrieving their Penn Card, the resident should return to the Information Desk with both the temporary card and their Penn Card in order to check the temporary card back in.
- Residents can get up to 10 temporary cards before any fees are accrued; after the 10th temporary card, there will be a $35 fee.
- If a Penn Card is permanently lost, residents will need to get a new one. New Penn Cards can be obtained at the Penn Card office located on the second floor of the bookstore (3601 Walnut St). The first replacement card costs $20; additional replacement cards each cost $30.
34th Street between Chestnut and Sansom, East Side + Chestnut St. between 34th and 33rd, South Side
Location/Entrance into the Building
Hill College House is located at 3333 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, PA, 19104. It is a red/brown brick building with a lot of windows.
Once you park, the entrance to Hill College House is across a small bridge/walkway that leads to the main door. The Hill Information Center is immediately accessible upon entry.